Re: [suse-security] Linux 7.0
  • From: "Kurt Seifried" <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 00:17:13 -0700
> Hi Chris,
>
> I can heartily recommend:
>
> Maximum Linux Security by Anonymous, published by www.samspublishing.com,
>
> ISBN 0-672-31670-6

I wasn't to terribly impressed with it, large margins, big type, even worse the section on PAM sucked, there wasn't one.

> As being a good grounding in some of the principles of linux security. The
> same
> author also wrote Maximum Security, which is a more general book, that I
> unfortunately haven't
> got yet!

You can get it on CD with a whole bunch of great (and old =) security software (I should know, I was the one that did a lot of the
work on it, hah).
ISBN-1-57595-0332-3
Again, I wasn't to terribly impressed with it, but it was a bit better then the Linux one.

Another book that's recently out and pretty decent is:
"Real world linux security"
ISBN:0-13-028187-5
I edited it (so am pretty familiar with it =) and it's pretty decent in my opinion.

> Iain

-Kurt