SSH and RSA SecurID Agent
  • From: kelvin@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:47:55 +1100 (EST)
Hi,

I have installed ACE Agent for linux on my SuSE 7.0 system. I have console, ftp
and telnet access working a treat.

When I try and SSH to the machine, SSH prompts me for a user password, even
though my SecurID user has no password entry in /etc/shadow. If i simply press
enter, I get an authentication failure.

If I add a password to the user I can use SSH by entering the password and I am
then prompted for the user's passcode.

Is there any way that SSH can be configured not to prompt for a password if
there is no password in /etc/shadow for that user? Alternatively, is there a
SecurID authentication option in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file ?

Naturally I would like to be able to disable telnet and only use SSH for remote
access.

Regards,

Kelvin.