locking down a SuSE install
  • From: Net Man <netman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:10:22 -0600
Howdy.

I am sure the issue of securing a new installation has been discussed
here before. Is there a how-to on this? I am talking about the obvious
things like commenting out finger, talk, etc. in /etc/inetd.conf, etc.
but also the no-so-obvious things as well, but from a SuSE-specific
standpoint. I have seen bits and pieces in the docs about running a
secure SuSE sever, but is there a document with all of this information
included in it?

Thanks :)

--Joey Kelly

  • No further messages