again ftp-logging
  • From: "OKDesign oHG Security Webmaster" <security@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:04:01 +0200
Hi,
okay, I got it thanks to Romans hint. But now I have the next problem:
Can I exclude special users from being logged that detailed ?
I've configured "real" to be command-logged, as anonymous login is not
possible on our system.
Second, is there a way to have these command-logs being written to a
different file ?
At the moment this is written to /var/log/messages, can I have it in f.ex.
/var/log/ftp.command or something like this ?
Third, is there a way NOT to have these annoying messages "[date] [host]:
popper: connect from [anywhere]" in my /var/log/messages ?
Some clients have configured their systems to check their account on our
server every ten minutes, some check it every 30 minutes and so on. Due to
this the messages-file is growing rapidly with this stuff. Is there a way to
stop this ?

Thanks in advance.

--- Stephan

  • No further messages