Re: [suse-security] /var/log/{messages,firewall,warn}
  • From: Heiko Degenhardt <heiko.degenhardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 11:01:37 +0200
Hallo,

* On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 09:51:25AM +0200, Steffen Dettmer wrote:
> I assume logging is done using always the same priority, but I've
> found no hint in the ipchains man page. In this case it should be
> possible to exchange the wildcard "*" with this priority.
The IPCHAINS-HOWTO says:
On standard Linux systems, this kernel output is captured by klogd
(the kernel logging daemon) which hands it to syslogd (the system
logging daemon). The `/etc/syslog.conf' controls the behaviour of
syslogd, by specifying a destination for each `facility' (in our case,
the facility is "kernel") and `level' (for ipchains, the level used is
"info").

Rgds.
Heiko.

< Previous Next >