Re: [suse-security] SuSE security reputation, etc..
  • From: <ksemat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:12:39 +0300 (EAT)
> That said, I like your suggestion of making SuSE the most secure Linux
> distro, so let's go on discussing real security issues ... ;-)
That said and done I have a problem. Someone broke into my system and
acquired root rights. I heard him say that it was a problem with the suse
shell. Any ideas? At the time I was still running 6.1 though now I run
6.4. A check in his home directory shows only crack and I know that my
root password does not fit the criteria looked at by crack since it
contains a mixture of numbers letters and ascii characters. more over it
is not based on any word at all and therefore makes no sense.
I would also love to know how I can find any trojan horses he may have
installed since I know that he had a number of root kits and such.