Re: [suse-security] SuSE security reputation, etc..
On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> One of our developers hacked autorpm to work with SuSE Linux as well. You
> can get the RPM from here (within the nex few hours, mirroring to the
> outside may take a while):
> http://www.suse.de/~grimmer/export/autorpm-1.9.8.4-0.noarch.rpm
> http://www.suse.de/~grimmer/export/autorpm-1.9.8.4-0.src.rpm
> This package already includes a suse-update configuration. Enjoy!

I checked the dependencies, and discovered that I don't have perl_net
installed - nor can I find that package on the distribution CDs or on any
SuSE site.

Besides, I have to admit that enabling this feature on a production server
seems somewhat scaring to me (especially since site-hijacking and other DNS
troubles are not so uncommon in these days...).
I'd probably try it for a while on a user's workstation.

Greetings,

Simon.

Dr. Simone Grabstein
listuser@xxxxxxxxxxx