Re: [suse-security] SuSE security reputation, etc..
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 22:51:04 +0200
> We will have to use both. Some people rely on 8.3 since they carry the
> rpms back home on a diskette from the windows box at work.
windows 3.11 is not that common any more ... floppy's can store long
filenames and linux can read them (mount as vfat), so that's not really
an excuse ... even commandline ftp can use wildcards so typing in the
long filenames is no excuse either...
forcing users to use long names would be much better ...

a happy linux-only user ;-)
Markus Gaugusch
--
Markus Gaugusch ICQ 11374583