Re: [suse-security] login.access
  • From: <ksemat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:16:24 +0300 (EAT)
Hello Kurt,
I have read your article and it has raised interesting suggestions and I
am definitely going to read more about PAM. However when I see the items
you specified such as stack filesize data I don't see anything on
restricting login to the console. Have I missed something? Please help I
really need to implement this fast! Does Freebsd also use PAM?
On Fri, 11 Aug
2000, Kurt Seifried wrote:

> Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:40:10 -0600
> From: Kurt Seifried <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: ksemat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, suse-security@xxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [suse-security] login.access
>
> > hi,
> > I have a feeling someone may have already asked this but can someone help
> > me out. I hope this falls in the category of security. In slackware and
> > freebsd I have a file called login.access which I use to control who can
> > login on my console. Is there a similar package for SuSE I really badly
> > need to do this.
>
> PAM does it.
> http://www.sysadminmag.com/current/feature.shtml
>
> > Noah