Re: [suse-security] hardensuse <-> procmail
  • From: Rainer Link <link@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 17:25:55 +0200
Walter Krohe wrote:

> > Forward mail sent to root to a dedicated, unpriviliged account.
> Yes, I forward all "root"-mail to an unpriviliged account.
> "root"-Account is only an example. The same problem exists with ALL other
> local accounts, like my "wk".
> Hints?

Well, are you running AMaViS ? :-)

Quoting from the new BUGS file (not yet in CVS, as I'm just back from
LinuxTag ...):

* depending on your system, subprocess is run as the UID of the local
receipient (not 'root'). Calling your local delivery program (usually
procmail) then might have insufficient privileges to deliver it any
further.
FIX: set an "o"-flag in /etc/sendmail.cf

Mlocal, P=/usr/sbin/scanmails, F=olsDFMAw5:/|@SPfhn, S=10/30,
R=20/40,
T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
A=scanmails -Y -a $h -d $u

Hint: This usually happens on SuSE Linux >=6.0

Hint: If this still does not work, *remove* the "o" *and* the "S"
flag!

Please note that I'm running a different AMaViS setup (AMaViS is not
called via Mlocal, but via Mamavis, which is called by an patched Rule
Set 0).
If it's still does not work, I'll look into my mail archive, as I did
some research on that some month ago ...

HTH

best regards,
Rainer Link
--