OT: inflex (was: Re: [suse-security] hardensuse <-> procmail)
  • From: Rainer Link <link@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 20:07:18 +0200
Joerg Henner wrote:
> >No difference. Same output as upper quote.
> >System: SuSE 6.3, sendmail-8.9.3-42, AMaViS 0.2.0-pre6, procmail-3.13.1-12
>
> did you ever tried "inflex" - i prefer this solution...

Well, inflex is *very* similar to AMaViS.

Quote from inflex: This program was created with the assistance of
looking at
AmaVis.

Afaik there's a commercial version, if this is an infringement to GPL, I
don't know and I don't care. Everyone can look at the source and can
choose, which product he prefers most and fits best for his purposes.

Inflex supports blocking of files, AMaViS supports nearly all anti virus
products and more MTAs. But I had a look at inflex some time ago, so
things may have changed.

I would recommend to use AMaViS-Perl, but, well, I'm biased ;-)
Anyway, several tools for blocking certain files or virus scanning at
the mail server do exist, see:
http://lavp.sourceforge.net/av-linux_e.txt
(the file name is rather misleading now, because it isn't limited to
Linux anymore).

best regards,
Rainer Link
--