Re: [suse-security] SendMail (SMTP_AUTH) POP (POP_AUTH)
  • From: "BrŠulio Gergull" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:26:33 -0300
Hi Dietmar,

> I'd recomend to get the latest version of sendmail. With that you get
> even 'smtp auth' for your roaming users. The spam and relaying filters
> are just good and with the help you find on www.sendmail.org you secure
> the system within litle time.

Yeah, I've already get Sendmail 8.10.2 wich include support for SMTP_AUTH,
but it requires third part patches. I tried to build a RPM package applying
these patches while keeping the original patches that apply to SuSE 6.4
sendmail.spm, but wasn't successful. It seems that I'll take me more time to
adjust the patches and the sendmail.spec file and put it to work (building
the RPM package) than I have.

Yeah, I know that I can just "tar zxvf sendmail.version.tar.gz" and then
"./build [option]", however I like to keep everything in the rpm database.
Moreover I take care of various servers and RPM helps me keeping everything
in order on all machines with much less effort.

Thanks,
Br√°ulio Weimann Gergull

< Previous Next >