Portsentry and logcheck
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:02:46 +0300
Hi everyone,

I was getting lots of ftp finger pcanywhere probes and I thought
applying some security for my pc. Here is what I have done
Closed everything at /etc/inetd.conf
I am using the Suse firewall script for the dialup connection to the
internet. Basically I have closed everything I could think of.
Also portsentry is starting with audp and atcp options.

I have installed the logcheck also and this is the part I need to tweak
a little bit.

I only want to get informed when there is a Deny, Reject or Accept
situation. If this is possible I need some direction to figure it out

Thanks in advance
--
Togan Muftuoglu
toganm@xxxxxxxx

100% MS FREE
Absolutely no component of Microsoft was used
in the generation or posting of this e-mail. So it is virus free