Re: [suse-security] Betr.: [suse-security] Book wanted: Linux security
  • From: "Kurt Seifried" <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 07:45:39 -0600
> I prefer LASG from Kurt Seifried, also after reading maximum linux
> security.

Thanks.

> LASG is free and writes about the most important topics/basics. Why
> would you pay for a book if there's an alternative book which is also
free?

Some books are worth buying because the online docs suck ass, or the book is
so incredibly good (like say DNS&BIND from oreilly, that book is a must
have). Having said that the LASG is out of date (I haven't worked on it in
ages). The LSKB is it's replacement. It's all DocumentGPL licensed,
contributors are welcome. I'm almost done hacking up content into articles
and dumping it into the LSKB, once that's done I'll be adding more original
content, tidying up existing content, etc.

> That saves money you can spend on other books ;)

Or beer.

> Kind regards, S.G. Zijl

-Kurt