Re: [suse-security] Portsentry and logcheck
  • From: Rupert Kittinger <kittinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:33:14 +0200
Gerhard Sittig wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:38 +0200, Rupert Kittinger wrote:
> >
> > PS: I am getting lots of probes for anonymous ftp lately, about
> > twice a week.
>
> These could be "made" by yourself. There was a thread about this
> very topic (getting "scanned" from ftp servers), maybe you want
> to visit the archives.

I will look it up. Can anybody give me a hint around which date to look
?

Anyway, I do not think that those probes are all false alarms.
I informed the various responsible admistrators, and there was one case
where the offending host was found to have been compromised.

Rupert

--
Rupert Kittinger <kittinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Department of Mechanics and Mechanisms