Re: [suse-security] Portscans
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 04:14:07 +0200
* Paul Kincaid wrote on Tue, May 02, 2000 at 09:43 -0400:
> Also, if I get scanned, you are
> automatically dropped into a "reject" route in my routing table.

We had this topic already, I know. But here are AFAIK two
possible cases: this method works not with stealth scans that can
fake IP addresses in a simple way (i.e. SYN half-open scan) at
all, or it brings up a wonderful DoS vulnerability: an attacker
spoofs the IP addresses she want to get locked out.

Or did I miss something?

oki,

Steffen