Re: [suse-security] manpath hanging (was:Re: SuSE Security Announcement - aaa_base - UPDATE)
  • From: Volker Kuhlmann <kuhlmav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 09:55:16 +1200 (NZST)
> The manpath utility is run from cron... if you do an "strace -p <pid of
> manpath>", you'll likely see that it gets stuck in a loop for directories
> that don't exist, yet it expects to find.

I'll do that next time, but your explanation doesn't really say why it
only happens sometimes (I don't think I changed $MANPATH), or why it works
when run from the shell with the same args as taken from the ps output?

Whatever, of course it shouldn't hang... (not sure whether this ought
to go on the security list though)

Volker