aaa_base updatedb problems?
  • From: "L. Sassaman" <rabbi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 03:10:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, folks...

I recently upgraded to SuSE 6.3 from SuSE 6.1, and locate has stopped
working. It seems that updatedb nolonger properly is executed from the
cron.daily script. I try running it by hand, and it hangs, doing
nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, after installing the new aaa_base, I have seen a root
"manpath" process consuming lots of CPU time, and staying indefinately as
a running process. Again, any thoughts?

- --Len.

__

L. Sassaman

System Administrator |
Technology Consultant | "To hold a pen is to be at war."
icq.. 10735603 |
pgp.. finger://ns.quickie.net/rabbi | --Voltaire