Re: [suse-security] multiple ip adresses per network adapter?
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:39:51 +0200 (CEST)
> 1) Is it possible to assign multiple ip adresses to a single
> network adapter?
yes, this is possible. look for "ip aliasing support" when compiling the
kernel (don't know if this is standard for suse kernels)
then you can assign eth0:0 to ip 1.2.3.4 and eth0:1 to ip 1.2.3.5
> 2) If 1 is possible, then my next question is:
> is it possible to direct the requests to different processes
> listening to the same port?
of course! you just have to tell the program to bind to the specific
interface! (depends on the program)
> Maybe I should ask if it is possible to have different (ip-based)
> "port spaces" where different processes listen to the same port
> but for a different ip address?
port space is always different for several ip's

greets
Markus Gaugusch