Re: [suse-security] recovering from a possible hack
  • From: Chrissy LeMaire <chrissy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:29:44 -0700
Sorry..I should be a little more clear.. the hacked machine is an older version of SuSe.. 6.1 or 6.3. We cant find any evidence that the machine was actually rooted.. I recommended a backup, format, new install of 6.4.. but the machine has alot of data and it will be really time consuming. I reconsidered and thought that since 6.4 will replace practically everything..including the kernel and all binaries..is it worth the format?

Chrissy