Re: AW: [suse-security] port forwarding with ipchains / firewallpacka ge suse 6.4
  • From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 02:03:16 +0200 (MEST)
> thanks to everybody who droped me a lign. I eventually tried it with
> rinetd and I works just perfect. Cool thing, but why isn't it mentioned
> anywhere in the firewall section of the Book that comes with the 6.4
> distro?

:-) Write to the author! Good idea.

Another trick: Suppose I'm on host "hostA" and I want to forward all SMTP
connections to "hostB", port 2500:

root@hostA:~ # ssh -f -g -L 25:hostB:2500 hostA /bin/sleep 999999999 (*)

(*): long enough...

> anyway, thanks & enjoy the weekend
>
> -florian

Viele Grüße,
Roman.
--
_ _
| Roman Drahtmüller "The best way to pay for a |