Re: [suse-security] SuSE Security Announcement - make-3.77
  • From: cogNiTioN <cognition@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 00:35:49 +0000 (GMT)
On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Jussi Laako wrote:
> cogNiTioN wrote:
> >
> > It still seems to me that this leaves more users open to attack. But,
> > hey, what do I know.
>
> Or are you just pissed off because you couldn't use that bug to exploit few
> systems?
>
> ...Just wondering why are you crying about common practice and hiding behind
> anonymity. (You aliases writing style just happens to be common to wanna-be
> crackers who think they are kEwL...)

Yep, hit the nail on the head there. I'm just some K-rad script kiddie
with nothing better to do than break into people's systems and fsck up the
system. Script kiddies rule.

Hack the planet.

It's go nothing to do with the fact that I'm trying to understand security
principles, the whys and the hows; it's got nothing to do with the work
I'm doing with the Indy Linux distro.
(http://independence.seul.org/security/) [Where incidently, you will find
my real name, since you seem to have a problem with the one I prefer to go
by].

It can't just be because I'm interested, as a system admin who is having
to deal with two possible breaches, on two seperate systems. I can't just
be interested in debating and improving my knowledge in certain areas, can
it.

It can't just be because I don't fully understand why something is common
practise, and decided to question it rather than follow the hurd. Nope.
Today's youth don't do things like that. They're not interested in
learning, in building, only in distroying.

As for the alias; why not? I've been using it for a while, lots of people
use it, I recieve junk mail through the post with it.... But you want to
know why I decided to use one. Freedom. Online there is more freedom.
You're not constrained by narrow minded sheeple who are unable to
creatively develop their own opinion on someone, so they have to drop them
into a nice stereotype they have lying around, be it based upon apperance,
age, sex, religion, name, and they do so without having a clue who you
are. (Well, thanks for being the exception), So I find that you can be
someone else, it's almost a different personality, almost closer to the
real me than I am. Why cogNiTioN? It's my goal, my aim. I believe that
ultimate cognition will enable me to become at one with my surroundings,
live in greater harmony, be more content, improve my quality of life,
increase my ability to aid others towards happiness and contentness. Maybe
I am hiding behind it. Maybe I'm hiding because in real life everytime I
come out of hiding I get pushed back there by people like yourself, who
judge without knowledge, and those who act without thought or respect. IRL
I hide behind a fake me, that is really a mirror of what others want.
Online I drop that brick wall I've built around my emotions, and instead I
may well feel some comfort from going by a handle. As for the
capitalisation, NTN, is close to TNT, which indicates the explosive nature
of knowledge, how it can have an unforseen affect on everything in the
vacinity.

Fuck you. I was trying to debate a security issue on a security list, I
was trying to improve my knowledge, understand more why things happen.
You're opinion means jack to me, there are a few people on this list, that
I've encountered else where, who I may care what they think of me, but
you; if you're unable to get passed my name, then it's unlikely we'll
have anything meaningful to say to each other.

[BTW: "crying", I might have missed that post of mine, but I was trying to
debate the issue, not cry about it.]

I'm talking about computer security, oh no! I'm using a handle, oh no!
You're first opinion of me was probably correct, oh knowledgable one.

Script kiddies rule,

Hack the planet.

|<0n5id3R y0u'r3 s31f 0wn3d. Muhahahah, Muhahahaha.

-cogNiTioN

< Previous Next >
List Navigation