Re: [suse-security] Security announcements
  • From: Yasholomew Yashinski <yashy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:27:39 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, John Grant wrote:

> > How many people sit 24/7 reading security mailinglists?

I assume people are subscribed because they want to recieve security
updates are they're dicovered, not when someone decides they have time to
post them.

> No SA worth the title would need to take that much time to keep up.
> Besides, that's like asking, "what if the night-watchman falls asleep?".

I guess I should imform my employer (who I'm willing to bet is a bigger
"player" then your employer), that I have to wait for the John Grant[tm]
approval I'm worthy? If the night watchman falls asleep you should look
for a new employee.

> > What if sysadmin is at weekend trip with his sailing boat?
>
> If the night-watchman takes the weekend off then you get someone to take
> his place. Or you do without, make sure you lock the doors as best you
> can, and take your chances.

And so this states your position on security. Unlike you, I would
assume most users on this list care about their systems/networks.

--
..Yashy
"By golly, I'm beginning to think Linux really *is* the best thing since sliced bread."

< Previous Next >
List Navigation