Re: [suse-security] MD5 Passwords.
  • From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:54:23 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 08, Normando Marcolongo wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Thomas Biege wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > This directive doesn't appear in man login.defs... so I didn't test.
> > > Now I've tested... and:
> > >
> > > configuration error... etc. about the new line inserted.
> > > Maybe suse's package simply don't support it! VERY BAD!
> >
> > No, it isn't bad. Use PAM.
> >

> Kukuk has already answered... half way bad.

But Thomas is right. We use PAM. If you don't like our default
PAM modules, try some of the other PAM modules. This is how PAM
works, if you don't like one authenticate method, use another one
without the need to recompile all other applications.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/ kukuk@xxxxxxx
SuSE GmbH Schanzaeckerstr. 10 90443 Nuernberg