Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-security-announce (37 mails)

< Previous Next >
[security-announce] SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 1 concurrent maintenance has ended
Hi,

On September 3rd we released the final regular maintenance update
for SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Service Pack 1 (SP1).

This marks the end of the 6 month parallel maintenance period for SUSE
Linux Enterprise 11 SP1 / SP2.

The SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Service Pack 2 product line continues to
be maintained and supported.

This means that SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1, SUSE Linux Enterprise
Desktop SP1 and SUSE Linux Enterprise SDK 11 SP1 are now unmaintained
and further updates will only update the corresponding 11 SP2 product
variants.

For customers that want to stay on the SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP1
codebase we however offer a seperate "Long Term Servicepack Support":

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 continues in Long Term Service
Pack Support mode for 3 more years. This means customers
can sign up for an additional contract to get:
- Support
- Proactive Updates for critical security issues only

More information on LTSS can be found on this page:
http://www.novell.com/linux/service-pack-support.html

Some quick statistics (might not be 100% correct) for the curious:

First patch: July 15 2010 - Last patch: September 3rd 2012

Total: 825
Recommended: 462
Security: 326
Optional: 19
Feature: 18

Top patches (all types, down to 5 occurences):
16 MozillaFirefox
16 kernel
12 openssl
9 php5
9 xen
9 timezone
8 release-notes-sles
8 perl-Bootloader
8 libxml2
8 java-1_6_0-ibm
8 java-1_4_2-ibm
8 clamav
7 xorg-x11-Xvnc
7 wireshark
7 sysconfig
6 pure-ftpd
6 puppet
6 nfs-client
6 mozilla-xulrunner191
6 ksh
6 gdm
6 freetype2
6 coreutils
6 cifs-mount
6 bind
5 libtiff-devel
5 libpng-devel
5 kvm
5 glibc
5 dhcp
5 autofs

Total CVEs fixed: 1231

Top CVEs fixed per package (down to 5 CVEs):
192 MozillaFirefox
154 kernel
134 flash-player (Desktop only)
109 java-1_6_0-ibm (Server only)