Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-security-announce (34 mails)

< Previous Next >
[security-announce] SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 3 regular support and maintenance has concluded
Hi,

On November 2nd we released the final regular maintenance update
for SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP3. This marks the end of the 6 month
parallel maintenance period for SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP3 / SP4.

The SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP4 product line continues to be maintained
and supported.

This means that SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3, SUSE Linux Enterprise
Desktop SP3 SUSE Linux Enterprise SDK 10 SP3 are now unmaintained
and further updates will only update the corresponding 10 SP4 product
variants.

For customers that want to stay on the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP3
codebase we however offer a seperate "Long Term Servicepack Support":

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3 continues in Long Term Service
Pack Support mode for 3 more years. This means customers
can sign up for an additional contract to get:
- Support
- Proactive Updates for critical security issues only

More information on LTSS can be found on:
http://www.novell.com/linux/service-pack-support.html

Some statistics (CVE tracking was not complete in the first years,
so the number is a bit higher):

Total updates: 501
Security: 332
Recommended: 163
Optional: 6

CVE Entries: 1642

The top CVE counting issues we fixed, down to 10 occurences:
354 kernel
165 MozillaFirefox
136 acroread
134 acroread_ja