Re: [opensuse-ruby] How to run current versions of ruby on Leap
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:29:17 +0200
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2017 M06 28, Wed 13:38:59 CEST Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 27.06.2017 16:13, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
What is our stance on this? Are there any pointers?

Install the packaged version you want. Handle ruby by linking it
into a directory that is in front of your path.

ln -sf /usr/bin/ruby.ruby$VERSION ~/bin/ruby
ln -sf /usr/bin/gem.ruby$VERSION ~/bin/gem

This has to be done for every executable which is installed by a gem.
Is there some more convenient way than doing that manually?

actually all our rubygems rpms are using update-alternative. just a few
core binaries are not.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux