Re: [opensuse-ruby] the case of the two rubies
On 07.02.2014 09:05, Josef Reidinger wrote:

yast bindings is built against ruby that is provided by given release
of opensuse and same for other C-bindings like libstorage. So if you
want base OBS product on 13.1 you should use ruby that is provided
there. And if you want it base on 13.2 then I hope it will have ruby
2.1. It is similar like with any other library or scripting language,
if distribution provide perl 5.10 and you need 5.11, then you need to
somehow bundle it and do work-arounds.

I'm aware - I just presented a case study. And I need to decide now
if bundling ruby 2.1 is worth it ;(