Re: [opensuse-ruby] ruby 2.1
On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 08:35:00 +0100
Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Jan 09. 2014 17:39]:
On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:23:55 +0100
Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Jan 08. 2014 17:33]:

great, feel free to submit it to staging project.

I submitted ruby21 (new gem21_* macros, add native gem extensions
dir to file list), ruby (map gem21_* to gem_* macros), and
rubygem-nokogiri (fixed pathes) to the Ruby21 staging project
yesterday evening. Everying builds fine.

I expect it raise
more issues, but I can fix it with changes to macros and your
example. I think at least we can add macros for rb_ver_major,
rb_ver_minor and rb_ver_patch to allow version checking of ruby
for easier version handling in ifs for multi ruby version spec
files.

I used '%if %{defined gem_base}' for now. We might as well port
the gem_* macros to older Ruby versions as well.

Klaus

Thanks. I fix ruby21 patch which breaks packages that use mkmf.rb
and also small fix to rrdtool.

Did you find out what broke rrdtool ? It had DESTDIR doubled in one
install path but I wasn't able to figure out why.

Klaus

Yes, It is wrong patch that adds destdir to some variables in mkmf, but
upstream solved it in different place, so result is double DESTDIR -
patch is this one
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Ruby21/ruby21?linkrev=base&rev=5

Actually coolo is the one that broken it. Do not know reason -
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Ruby21/ruby21?linkrev=base&rev=3