Re: [opensuse-ruby] ruby 2.1
On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:41:57 +0100
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 09.01.2014 21:33, schrieb Josef Reidinger:
On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 20:54:55 +0100
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 09.01.2014 17:38, schrieb Josef Reidinger:

Thanks. I fix ruby21 patch which breaks packages that use mkmf.rb
and also small fix to rrdtool.

The last missing piece to get ruby21 to factory is to fix vim. To
be honest I have no idea what can be wrong as it writes
[ 121s] objects/if_ruby.o: In function `rb_obj_wb_unprotect':
[ 121s] /usr/include/ruby-2.1.0/ruby/ruby.h:1236: undefined
reference to `rb_gc_writebarrier_unprotect_promoted'

but this method is correctly in ruby and I see no problem. If I
compare build of vim with build with ruby20 then I see no
difference except that it doesn't fail.
Does anyone have idea what is wrong with vim?[1]

the link line misses -lruby - possibly ruby20 was macro online and
didn't require the library.

Greetings, Stephan

I think it is not case as you do not want vim that depends on ruby
at runtime, so there is some dynamic loading[1]. Also ruby20
doesn't have
Well, it requires perl too.
-lruby. I wrote mail to Ismail who maintain package, but his
suggestion with SUSE_ASNEEDED=0 also doesn't help. I add him to CC
so we can think together what can cause it and how to fix it. I
definitively do not want to break vim :), but I would like to fix
the last problem with ruby21.

I guess that dynamic loading got broken with RGenGC. At least the
missing symbol is about WBs.

Greetings, Stephan

Yes, it looks like. So how can we proceed? Disable ruby interface to
vim? Or change dynamic to common link to ruby? I don't have enough
knowledge to fix it and google doesn't show me any solution.