On 06.11.2012 17:10, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 17:04:06 +0100
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06.11.2012 16:37, Josef Reidinger wrote:
OK, one my note to this off-topic, because I bring it back to gems
and ruby. I plan to improve usability for request in build service
to show also diffs in gem files same as we do for tarball ( nice
feature ). But I found that there is no test suite in build
service. And because setup own build service to verify that it
works as I expect lead me to give up my attempt to improve code. I
expect that build service have test cases that cover at least
borders of API ( iterface between backend and frontend, cli tools
etc. ). And one benefit of writing test case is that you have one
more option to think about code and what it should do. Sometime it
makes amazing results in simplifying code.

What makes you think the build service has no test suite? It has no
great test suite, but it has one.

Greetings, Stephan

If I look at https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/tree/master
I don't see anything how can I run it. I am interested in backend and
there in src just some testData but I don't see way how to run it. If
there is test suite it is not much intuitive placed.

Where I grew up we bounced into the IRC channel of the project and asked
"how do you run your test suite?" instead of writing lengthy mails to
unrelated mailing lists.

But be it as it is:
The backend has indeed no test suite on its own, but we try to test the
most important stuff from the API test suite as tests are much nicer in
ruby.

So your target would be
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/master/src/api/test/functional/source_controller_test.rb