Re: [opensuse-ruby] Fwd: [obs submit-request 127033] openSUSE:Factory/puppet-dashboard: declined by coolo
On 16.07.2012 13:39, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:33:49 +0200
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11.07.2012 14:51, James Tan wrote:
Ping, no comments from anyone?

For the short/immediate term I highly recommend that we go with
allowing the bundling of gems in applications.

This ruby community is great in exchanging ideas :)

Greetings, Stephan

Well, what you ideas you expect? For me it is reinventing wheel. It is
exactly same for me like discussion if we should link libraries
statically or dynamic. I see there same pros&cons. And question is if
we want user to get bundled apps from us ( some appliacation is so
complex, fragile, that any dependency change can break it ) or if he
should download it outside of distribution ( like we do now with
bundled libraries, e.b. games from humble bumble, that often contain
static libraries ).

I see there only small difference, that more ruby library authors ignore
backward compatibilty ( just my observation ), but it is not bug
difference.

So what we should discuss? It is clear decision what we want distribute.

OK, replace ideas with opinions in my statement.

I read your mail as "if applications are as fragile as requiring bundled
gems, do not distribute it" btw.