Re: [opensuse-ruby] -rvendor-specific doesn't exist in ruby 1.9 in Factory
On 06/04/2012 08:46 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 04.06.2012 12:43, Marcus Rueckert wrote:

1. so instead of providing one little file to install things to
vendor_ruby we will patch every single setup.rb to support a --vendor
parameter?

Every single setup.rb of the two we have in factory, yes :)

2. another option would be of course to move all our own code into gems
... and install it that way.

ruby-fcgi is your package afaik.

Actually, I've just realised we've also got rubygem-ruby-fcgi, which is
newer than and obsoletes ruby-fcgi. So I guess I should probably
deletereq ruby-fcgi from Factory and request rubygem-ruby-fcgi go in in
its place?

(removing -rvendor-specific from ruby-fcgi gets the build a bit further,
but it then dies with errors like "'struct RString' has no member named
'ptr'" which I'll guess are 1.8/1.9 issues).

Thanks,

Tim
--
Tim Serong