Re: [opensuse-ruby] rails 3 performance
On 21.03.2012 09:47, Stephan Kulow wrote:

BTW: 1.9.3 has this patch already in, but for some reason I don't yet
understand, setting these variables don't really make a difference in
how often the GC kicks in. I'm feeling paranoid :)

OK, after a lot of patching ruby I finally can make sense out of it.

The environment variables don't matter to my test case as the trigger for the
GC run is mysql.
For whatever reason the mysql gem has a builtin tick, every 20 queries it will
call rb_gc().
If I set that to 2000 I'm back with ~ rails 2 performance. Why the problem
wasn't triggered by
rails 2 is unclear to me though.

In case studio is doing a lot of SQL too, you should try patching rubygem-mysql
:)