Re: [opensuse-ruby] RFC: Have 1.8 and 1.9 gems in one package
* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> [Mar 13. 2012 13:04]:
On 12.03.2012 10:38, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

Can we please get over it and accept that Ruby 1.9 is the official
version now ?
Just to put this in the archive too: rails 2.3 has at least one problem
with ruby 1.9 that is no longer going to be fixed upstream - so ditching
1.8 also means ditching rails 2.3 (or getting maintenance of it on our
own shoulders exclusively).

Sure, as we're talking openSUSE 12.2 (and beyond) here.

Rails 2.x is as dead as Ruby 1.8.x is.

Klaus
---
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany