Re: [opensuse-ruby] ruby packaging quo vadis
On 07/21/2011 06:38 PM, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
What are other rpm distributions going to do about this? Is this already
discussed with them?

I am already seeing in Fedora stuff that differes from our packages (ie:
provides like rubygem(rspec) )

I'm almost sure that Fedora guys do not care about installing (and
providing rubygems for) ruby 1.8 and 1.9 in parallel. I would suggest
going the same way, but knowing that we don't have enough manpower to
maintain two different sets of packages for openSUSE and SLE I won't.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9
prusnak[at]opensuse.org Czech Republic