Re: [opensuse-ruby] ActiveModel
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 17:06:48 +0100
Marcus Rueckert write:
On 2009-12-07 16:11:44 +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:
It will be nice if we have some active-record(-resource) like models in
rest- service (same methods etc. to easy understand usage by other rails
developers). We use as backend DBus.
After some investigating I found that there is ActiveModel for rails
(also in 2.3.4 and 2.3.5), but marked as experimental.

Do you have any experience with it? Also how it should be packaged? As
separated gem?

isnt that stuff from rails 3?

darix

Yes, it should be officially introduced in rails 3, but we need a lot of its
functionality (callbacks, validation and some well-known methods like create,
load (and blacklisting variables) etc.) So I think it is better to add it
(maybe backport it) then write it from scratch?

Josef Reidinger
YaST team
maintainer of perl-Bootloader, YaST2-Repair, webyast
(language,time,basesystem,ntp)