Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-ru (84 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-ru] Need help to start using openSuSE 10.3
  • From: Dmitry Zaletnev <dzaletnev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 04:19:13 +0300
Hi, list,
I'm from St.Petersburg, Russia. I want to learn openSuSE in addition to Ubuntu,
CentOS (amd64) and Fedora and YellowDogLinux (cell) witch I use in my everyday
work. I need in using ver. 10.3 as it mainly the same as SLES/SLED/SLOES 10.
But because of its slackware nature openSuSE isn't remind all other linux
distributions - I cannot use YaST and terminal. When I tried to update system
after installation it ask me to manual resolve dependencies. Now when I wanted
to add Software Repositories from YaST it told me "Accessing the package
management failed" and that another process do it. I think that this another
process is Automatic Update, but I don't know how to resolve dependencies!
I write in English because after I'd add Russian Layout I didn't restart system
as I saw X-server test and suppose the new layout must work.
Please advice me how to start using openSuSE 10.3.
Thank you in advance.
--
Dmitry Zaletnev