Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-releaseteam (19 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-releaseteam] Newer version of libsolv-tools required on packagelists for repo-checker
Jimmy Berry wrote:
[...]
On a more general note this is likely to reoccur when new features are
introduced into rpm and used in Factory as the packagelists machine will
always be using trailing versions of libsolv. As such it might make more sense
to run the repo-checker within a docker container running the latest
Tumbleweed snapshot to ensure access to the latest underlying tooling. Any
opinions on doing this? I'll file an issue in osc-plugin-factory to track
discussion.

With the rpm package built that contains the repo-checker it should not be
hard to run things in a docker container.

A simple chroot or systemd machined mananged chroot should suffice too.
I guess we'd need a proper testsuite fist to make sure results are not
unintentionally influenced by changes in Tumbleweed.

What is the workflow for updating the packagelists machine?

Asing infra probably.

cu
Ludwig

--