Re: [opensuse-project] Non-Confidence Petition
Hi,

Am 19.07.20 um 01:24 schrieb Knurpht-openSUSE:
Op zaterdag 18 juli 2020 18:18:15 CEST schreef Sarah Julia Kriesch:

You can't distinguished who for whatever reason ignored the petition
(without (much) thinking about it), and how many actively decided *not/
to support the petition.
The rules were clear from the beginning - convince 20% of members to
support the petition. Starters and supporters of the petition failed in
this. So that IMHO speculations and statistical or sociological
discussions can't change clear democratic decision. See e.g. much much
attention average referenda attracts in various countries. If ~50%, it's
great success.
The results do not say anything about possible future changes in the
project. But it might be good starting point for future discussion. The
question must be "What *do* we wish?" and not "What we *do not* wish?".
The Board should learn from what had (has?) happened in past ~half year
and
whole project *must* move forward, otherwise it might die painful death in
crappy personal fights...

Thank you for this nice explanation!
The petition is done and we are not able to change that. We have to accept
it. Therefore, especially the Board "and we" have to learn from that what
has happened. I agree with Seife and Carlos. 11,6% is not "nobody". That is
a small part of the community and more than 1 person. In my opinion, the
Board should accept that as a feedback and (as Klaas said) they should
think about their decisions in the past. That is more something as a second
chance.

But I agree with the others, too: "We had enough discussions about this
topic and should look forward."

Do you see the discrepancy in your reply ? Please stop now, Sarah. The
outcome
simply means that 88.4% of the membership does not support the petition, so
trusts the current board. Where nobody campaigned for the 88.4% and you and
yours intensively campaingned to get the 20% needed on various platforms (

I've been mostly silent about that topic but rereading some claims
repeatedly I need to comment.
I didn't support the petition but sorry I do also not really trust the
board (completely). The other option was just the worse.
So please stop claiming that 88.4% of the community "trusts the board".
The petition lost because it's how it works. When I see the reaction
from some board members how they now feel more self-confident as before,
sorry to say: There is no reason for that.
There certainly is a certain degree of distrust in the board and it
really should work on regaining its trust moving forward!

Wolfgang