Re: [opensuse-project] Upcoming election to backfill a board seat
On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 8:58 AM Richard Brown <rbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 2020-03-04 at 00:44 +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
Dear openSUSE members,

just off today's meeting a brief note that the openSUSE board
has unanimously agreed to backfill the open board seat with an
election for that vacancy.

The next steps will be initiated by our trusted openSUSE election
officials.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Gerald

I know I may be jumping the gun, but assuming this election will be
conducted under the regular election rules:

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board_election_rules

I would like to preemptively nominate Stasiek Michalski <
hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> to stand in this election

I think Stasiek has shown a great aptitide and passion for Project
Governance issues, and that passion will serve the project best by
Stasiek being part of the Board.

I'd like to second this. Stasiek has shown great passion for the
Project as a whole, and has been willing to do the "dirty work" across
all levels of the Project from both technical and political
perspectives to drive the community forward. I've had the great
pleasure to work with him over the past few years and I've personally
been better for it.