Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Goodbye Board
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 19:55:29 +0100
Dne sobota 29. února 2020 19:27:46 CET, Stefan Seyfried napsal(a):
Am 29.02.20 um 19:17 schrieb Vojtěch Zeisek:
Dne sobota 29. února 2020 15:09:06 CET, Stefan Seyfried napsal(a):
This whole thread just serves to reinforce my decision to never
ever again run for the openSUSE board...

I can understand this point of view, but... the project must
be managed somehow, and voting board from community members
IMHO isn't bad idea... So...

Oh, I totally agree on that.
But if you cannot even step down after being elected without
falling victim to a spanish-inquisition like process, then we
should not be surprised if the volunteers for these tasks will
not be available in large numbers in the future.

I agree. What You describe is rather "public culture", if I might separate it
from "political culture" of the Board. Disgust of competent and relevant
people is always risk for democratically governed projects. IMHO more
transparency of the Board would help. Otherwise I'm not sure if the project
does something principally wrong. Actually, I don't think so. IMHO the only
way is to fully clarify what has happened in past few weeks, the we could
continue and make together openSUSE even better than it is now. :-)

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu