Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Goodbye Board

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 19:17, Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dne sobota 29. února 2020 15:09:06 CET, Stefan Seyfried napsal(a):
This whole thread just serves to reinforce my decision to never
ever again run for the openSUSE board...

I can understand this point of view, but... the project must be managed
somehow, and voting board from community members IMHO isn't bad idea... So...
how to manage the project? Any better formalisable idea than what we already
have? "Political culture" is hard to formalize (and enforce), but can we
improve our own rules to as much as possible avoid any future (such) issues?

We might have dug ourselves into a hole here by actually making board
solely about politics. openSUSE is not just politics as shocking as that
might seem, and I don't know if making project guidance purely political
makes that much sense then.

We should probably ask ourselves why was the board originally created
the way it was, and does the board's current structure make sense in the
current openSUSE Project, 15 years later.

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world