Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Goodbye Board

On 2/28/20 4:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 15:21:15 -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:

But there was little scrutiny and lots of speculation.

Speculation happens in a vacuum of information, and that's what we have.

Speculation happens when people _choose_ to speculate, it doesn't just
pop up out of nowhere.

Principles could simply be that some might think the guy with the orange
face living in a white house in Washington DC is a good idea and others
do not.

The point being we do not know what happened, we have a request from one
of the people involved to not speculate and not ask, and in a follow
confirmed that matters are best kept private.

We should respect the desires of those involved and drop it.

It's difficult to drop

No it is not, Christian asked us, twice, not to do exactly what is
happening. All the rest of us have to do is quit running our fingers
over the keyborad concerning this topic, exercise a little restrained,
and respect the desire of one of our valued members of the community.
How hard is it really to _not_ make up some conspiracy theory and just say:

Thank you Christian for your effort, sorry to loose you as a board
member. Very happy that you will continue with all the other stuff you
already do.

Be done and move on. Respect, I think is written in our guiding
principles somewhere. That includes respecting community members wishes
about not starting speculation.

it when 40% of the board has resigned for what
appear to be similar reasons. If there's a problem in the board,
something needs to be done to correct that problem, and the membership
can't do that when there's no information.

The membership's opportunity to get involved is in the next election.
AFAIK there is no such thing that the membership can decide during any
part of the term of a sitting board that all or some board members need
to be evicted.

Later,
Robert

Distinguished Engineer LINUX