Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Goodbye Board
On 28/02/2020 21.03, David Mulder wrote:
On 2/28/20 12:46 PM, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Come on, Vinz stood up for election. He was the third with not much less
votes than Sarah had.

It's not like "some random person selected by the board" was appointed.

Which is why I specifically pointed out that Vinz's appointment was
legitimate. I'm only suggesting an election this time could avoid any
appearance of impropriety.
The appearance of impropriety could come from what Jim pointed out in
this thread, that people are concerned with 2 board members resigning
for related reasons, and the remaining board members having the choice
to fill those vacancies as they see fit.
I don't know that the board would appoint someone for or against them
(regarding whatever this issue may be), I can only assume the best of
them. I only know that if I were on the board, I would want to avoid any
appearance of impropriety in this matter, and allow the community to
choose instead.

The community not knowing what happened, we have no grounds to choose
someone, either.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from oS Leap 15.0 x86_64 (Minas Tirith))