Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Goodbye Board

On 2/28/20 1:06 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:45:23 +0100, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:

Please don't even insinuate that such has happened. The Board rules are
clear on matters like this: en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Boad_election_rules
states:
"Appointment:
The sitting board is allowed to appoint new members to fill a board
vacancy caused by one of the following conditions: 1) resignation of a
Board member or 2) the removal of a Board member, or 3) a Board member
being unable to perform his duties, or 4) as part of elections if not
enough people are elected."

The concern, as I see it, is this:

* 2 board members resigned for similar or related reasons

I don't think we know if the reasons were similar or related. Sahra [1]
states personal reasons, Christian implied a conflict based on
principles with other board members.

While the latter can also be interpreted as a personal reason,
interpreting the later into the former is a stretch. I think we'd all be
better of if there were no speculation.

Later,
Robert

[1] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2020-02/msg00025.html