Re: [opensuse-project] Goodbye Board
On Fri, 2020-02-28 at 08:09 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* jdd@xxxxxxxxx <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [02-28-20 07:54]:
Le 28/02/2020 à 13:32, Gerald Pfeifer a écrit :

Before we are into thirding and fourthing, let me quote
Christian:

I also read this. But this is not only Christian, but some concerns
about
not that quiet just made election and two board members resigning
on 5 total
member.

I do not ask for details, but rough comment on what happen, yes

a simple confirmation that the occasion of each for leaving was
unrelated
would suffice and perhaps restore "lost confidence".

I'm not sure it's that straightforward.

If both departures are related, the natural question that arises to me
would be "Why did Christian resign now, and not at the same time as
Sarah?".

Such circumstances create an environment where it is just as easy to
imply shenangians behind the actions of the departing members as it is
the remaining ones.

Without having any visibility on the goings on within the Board these
days, but drawing on past experience, I see a high risk of
bloodsplatter for the individuals involved as well as the project as a
whole were we to collectively pull at this string and demand
transparency in what is clearly involves highly sensitive & personal
situations.

Therefore I totally understand Christians very clear statement that he
doesn't want people speculating or asking such questions.

I believe it is obviously best we respect Christians wish and move
forward in the manner Christian requested in his resignation.

We have sufficient rules regarding replacement of Board members in the
light of resignations that I see any talk of "lost of confidence" in
the Board to the premature at this time.