Re: [opensuse-project] Goodbye Board
  • From: Jason Evans <jsevans@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 15:58:11 +0100 (CET)
On 2/28/20 12:54 PM, Per Jessen wrote:

I second that. I think we are owed an explanation.

I remember a kerfuffle some time ago where members requested that board meeting
notes be made public. The response (I'm paraphrasing) was that sometimes the
board deals with personal matters regarding members of the community and it
would not be share those details publicly. We are all rational adults for the
most part and we understand that. However that doesn't mean that transparency
should be thrown out of the window. If something happened that could
potentially affect the community, then it would be best to be open about it. If
something happened that caused board members to leave then there should be a
statement about it even if it means omitting personal information about anyone
involved.

In a few months there will be another election of board members. One question
that should be posed for anyone running again should be "what is your opinion
about an open and transparent board and would you work towards this goal?"

Jason