Re: [opensuse-project] opensuse Marketing Material

On 1/29/20 1:04 AM, Stasiek Michalski wrote:

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 15:31, Richard Brown <rbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2020-01-28 at 15:22 +0100, Bernd Ritter wrote:
 Hello fellow chameleons,

 the folks from Holarse and me will participate at the
 Linuxinformationstage (Linux information days) in Oldenburg, Germany
 in March.

 As we show off some cool linux gaming capabilities (laptops using
 openSUSE) I would love to use the opportunity and present, inform and
 answer questions about openSUSE as well.

 As I looked through the wiki I could not find any contact to ask for
 marketing materials for this. I've found the "Spread it"-page:
 https://en.opensuse.org/Category:Spread_It.

 Can anyone hint me to the right person, please?

 Cheers,
 Bernd

Hi Bernd,

The right person to contact would be Douglas DeMaio <ddemaio@xxxxxxx>

Please, this is the exact same situation as with people asking me about
artwork, we have team of people doing marketing, which can be bothered
on progress.opensuse.org opensuse-marketing project as well as discord,
matrix and telegram rooms. This allows anybody to contribute, not just
one person.

Yes but in this case its slightly different, Doug has physical marketing
material that he can mail out to anyone in the community who needs it
for conference booths etc (Or in some cases he has worked with the
person to do local printing and expense it). Currently this is one of
the ways that SUSE sponsors openSUSE and given we don't currently have a
foundation and the money for this still sits in SUSE's accounts its
something that needs to be handled and managed by someone inside SUSE.
For years Doug has been doing an excellent job.

At one point we made this information reasonably easy to find on the
wiki but I guess its something we need to make sure gets included in any
future marketing wiki pages

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30