Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board election 2019-2020 - Final candidates list
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 10:33:19 +0100

Gesendet: Montag, 27. Januar 2020 um 10:19 Uhr
Von: "Richard Brown" <rbrown@xxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-project@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board election 2019-2020 - Final
candidates list

On Mon, 2020-01-27 at 08:12 +0100, Sarah Julia Kriesch wrote:

You are living in China. We don't have many Contributors in China and
therefore our Chinese list with Advovates
at open-source events is not really long[0] with 1 Advocate. That is
what I meant that we need more Advocates
at open-source events.

There may not be many Chinese people listed on that old crusty wiki
page but as a champion of the openSUSE Asia community I have to
strongly object to any suggestion that "we don't have many Contributors
in China"

We have a lot, and I hope none of them are insulted by the suggestion
from a Board candidate that they don't exist.

Sorry, that I didn't know abot these openSUSE Contributors!
The question is, why we don't contribute to other open-source events in Asia
then.
That's it, what Ariez wants to know and needs. I want to support them.
That is not possible, if we don't know about them as Advocates.

One of my most exhilerating times as a community member was meeting so
many of them in Bejing in 2014 (Group photo linked below).

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3928/15378270997_b59755f92a_b.jpg

While I haven't been able to see them as often as I'd have linked in
the years since, I see evidence of the fine work of our Chinese
contributors in every openSUSE Asia conference since and their
fingerprints all over our project, from code, to creating art, to
helping conference booths across the world.

You may be quiet and unassuming enough for Sarah to have missed you but
I want this public record to show that I know you exist, love the work
you are doing, and I'm sure you'll help us welcome Ariez to the
community with open arms.

I am not unassuming. Watch your last emails. The you can see, who is working pro
community and who not.
You have shown yourself on the mailing list exactly as this "Richard" who had
been in the Board.
That explains, what I have meant in my Q&A.

切平安,

Richard

Best regards,
Sarah